- Downtown Stevens Point Farmers Market 2019
- The historic Mathias Mitchell Public Square in Downtown Stevens Point is home to the longest running farmers market in the State of Wisconsin. Get it fresh, get it local. See you there!
- What summer downtown stevens point
- When May 01, 2019 07:00 AM to Oct 01, 2019 07:30 AM (America/Chicago / UTC-500)
- Where Mathias Mitchel Public Square, Stevens Point, WI
- Contact Name Stevens Point Farmers Market Association / Dan Mielke
- Contact Phone (715) 344 - 4104
- Web Visit external website
- Add event to calendar iCal
The historic Mathias Mitchell Public Square in downtown Stevens Point is home to the longest running farmers market in the State of Wisconsin. The two square-block marketplace at the end of Main St. has been the focal point for farmers selling their wares since Mitchell donated it to the town in 1847.
The market is open from May through October, 7:00 am until the vendors sell out, which is usually around 2:30 pm. Saturday is the biggest market day of the week.
The Market is open daily as produce is available. Saturday is the biggest market day of the week. The earlier you shop the fresher the produce will be and greater the selection. The best time to shop is from 8 am through noon.
Depending on the time of the year you can find the following: Tomatoes, peppers, onions, cucumbers, beans, zucchini, flowers, Radishes, strawberries, rhubarb, syrup, honey, baked goods, Plants, Perennials, peas, kohlrabi, Daikon radishes, garlic scapes, garlic, fruit, berries, eggs, meat, mushrooms, corn, eggplants, gourds, herbs, canned goods, greens, melons, squash, root crops, egg rolls, etc.